Sunday, January 12, 2014

Why I Started This Blog

Welcome!  

I started this blog because although I have been a Christian for many years, I was content to just live and let live, minding my own business, not really proclaiming the hope I know to be true -- that Christ is the best and only real hope we have for this world, and the world to come.

I have always started a New Year off with a set of resolutions, not always written down; things I want to change.  "This year will be different",  I say to myself.  I will start to live my Christian walk more boldy, or "I will get out of debt", "travel more", etc..  but things don't change that dramatically from one year to the next.  I am a little older and perhaps a little wiser or richer.  

Yet the sense in me remains that my life hasn't fundamentally changed, and that at a very deep level, I know that I could be making more of an impact, spritually speaking.  

However,  I REALLY wanted this year to be different, and in this case it has turned out to be true.

This year for me and my wife started off with an unspeakable tragedy.  One of our neighbors in the building where we live committed suicide.  I am still reeling from the shock.  

Why did he do it?  Why did he take his life?  Part of me feels guilty -- if I had shared the hope that is in Christ with him, perhaps he would have something to live for, and I would still have the pleasure of his company.  

So, his death has spurred me to start this blog, a specifically Christian blog, one that I pray and hope will touch many lives.




No comments:

Post a Comment